Where can I go if I have a complaint about a retirement village?

A retirement village is a community. For this reason, it is in everyone’s best interests that any disputes are resolved efficiently and effectively. All Victorian retirement villages are legally required to have their own dispute resolution scheme. The Manager of the retirement village is usually responsible for implementing the internal dispute resolution process. A complaint should be received by the Manager, responded to in a reasonable time frame, recorded and then steps should be taken to resolve the issue to a mutually agreeable outcome. If a dispute is unable to be resolved through internal means, Consumer Affairs Victoria or Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) can advise on the external conciliation process available to residents and retirement village owners and managers.

Can I feel confident that my long term occupancy in a retirement village is secure?

What are the costs involved in moving into a Retirement Village?