Before you look at retirement villages
Useful information and tips from Consumer Affairs Victoria
Moving to a retirement village is a major lifestyle choice. Before you start looking, consider:
- Have you discussed your decision to enter a retirement village with your family, friends, and other people with whom you usually discuss important matters?
- Why are you thinking of moving from your current home? Have you considered alternatives, such as home help, seeking help from government or other agencies, or moving to a smaller home?
- How will you finance the move? Have you asked a financial planner about the best way to manage your income and spending?
- If you are considering selling your home, have you checked the state of the property market? For more about selling your home, view our Buying and selling property section.
- Where do you want to live? If you are moving to be close to family or friends, have you asked them about their plans for the future?
If you are interested in exploring the possibility of a move to a modern retirement village around Melbourne. Booking a tour at one of the RCA Villages around Melbourne can be a great place to start. Visit the website of the village in the region you would like to visit for contact details.
South East Melbourne
Ask about RCA Villages no deposit reservation process on new villas.