Unemployed NSW man wins $50 million
Dominica Sanda | AAP | May 11 2017
A western Sydney unemployed man is $50 million richer after winning Powerball's $50 million division one prize pool.
The man, aged in his 30s and who wishes to remain anonymous, was the only division one Powerball winner in Australia drawn on Thursday, a statement says.
Surrounded by his family, he received official confirmation by a NSW Lotteries official minutes after the draw was held.
""No! No! No! Don't tell me that!!! Are you serious man?! I'll probably faint," he said in the statement.
"I don't know what to do. What should I do now? Should I call my mum? Should I hug my wife? What do I do?"
The man says he's been unemployed since the end of last year and describes the win as "life changing".
He's going to be generous with his winnings, claiming he'll share it with friends, family and charity.
"I'll share it with family and friends - if I'm winning, I want everybody along with me to win," he said.
"I genuinely want to help people - so some sort of charity."